Sunday, May 12, 2013

R2 D2

So, Blogger and my computer were not getting along last night.  Sorry this post is late.  But, better late than never I guess.

And yes, I've been waiting for today (well, yesterday) just so I could make the Star Wars reference...hope you caught it...

Alright, day 2 started with me waking up feeling crummy.  Sore throat, headache, plugged ears, the whole bit.  I decided to postpone my Insanity workout until later in the day because I've been told I don't do a good job of listening to my body and resting when needed.  So, I rested.

Breakfast: Amazing paleo pancakes (I finally figure out all the secrets) topped with part of a banana and coconut/pecan mixture.  Two scrambled eggs and a green smoothie.  I normally wouldn't have a smoothie for breakfast but it was left over from the batch I made a few days ago and my throat needed something cold to make it feel better.  I sipped on the smoothie as the roomie and I ran a few errands so it's not like I chugged it all at once-it was about 10:15 before I was done with it.

Bevvie:  Well, I napped instead of facing Shaun T and boy, did it feel great.  Still not feeling amazing but definitely an improvement from this morning.  It was getting pretty late (approaching 2) so I had a kombucha on the way to lunch.


Lunch:  Met Em for lunch at Whole Foods and enjoyed a delicious salad...mixed greens, spinach, broccoli, squash, cucumber, carrot, tomato, peppers, hard boiled eggs, and guac for dressing.  Yum!


Dinner: After some shopping with Em it was time to head home and by this point I was starting to feel terrible again.  Decided it was probably best to skip the women's dinner I had on the sched and stay home to rest and not infect everyone whit whatever it is I have.  Made some salmon (pre seasoned from WF's) asparagus and a little salad of mixed greens, spinach, tomato, broccoli, cucumber, pepper and topped with an avocado half.


Workout: Decided I definitely wasn't up for the Insanity workout but didn't want to skip the day all together so roomie and I did Mari Winsor's Bun and Thigh Sculpting video.  This is an old favorite (seriously, I've been doing this video for almost 10 years...) and though it totally works your lower half, you get to lie on the floor the whole time...just what I needed, super low-impact movements that would still work my legs and butt.  Done and done.

Thoughts:
The eating slowly and focusing on being present during mealtime has really helped me eat less and feel more satisfied.  I haven't been tempted to snack even one time.  Crazy!   I've also decided to quit obsessing about food/exercise and be a "normal" person.  No, I'm not throwing W30 to the curb or snapping the Insanity DVD's in two, I just mean instead of analyzing how every single choice is going to impact my weight/mood/health, I'll go through my day knowing that within the boundaries I have set all choices are healthy and I don't need to worry about getting the most for my money/a quick return...in time, it'll all come together.  Just breathe and relax...why am I such a nut?!

I've also started becoming more interested in food in a different way.  Instead of focusing on what will best satisfy my craving at the moment, I look at it as what will be delicious and nutritious.  Part of that is learning what foods provide what nutrients and making sure I have a variety over the course of my day.  I found the updated "Dirty Dozen/Clean 15" list as well as this handy little chart about how to best store fresh produce.  Very helpful!




No comments:

Post a Comment