Monday, May 13, 2013

R2 Day 4

I am still not feeling well.  But I'm determined to get in an Insanity workout today.  Must. Get. Back. On. Schedule.

Breakfast: Sweet potato hash and two eggs.  It's so much better eating at home instead of rushing through the meal in the last few minutes before the girls and I head out the door to school.  Though it means I do have to actually get up and get going instead of resetting the alarm for a half hour later.



Pre-workout Meal: I am just not feeling all that great.  Nothing sounds good to eat.  I found this at Whole Foods and thought I'd give it a try.  Chewing doesn't at all seem appealing right now so had a few sips on my way home.



Workout: Insanity Max Cardio...seriously intense.  I did the whole video but I had to take lots of breaks-more than usual.  My legs felt so fatigued and I was overheating really easily...clearly under the weather.

PWM: Two small slices of frittata topped with fresh tomatoes and a few pepper slices on the side.  I also sipped on the green juice.



Lunch/Snack: I don't know what to call this.  It's clearly not a meal.  But since I'm sicky this is all that sounded good.  A chopped banana and blackberries with pecan/coconut mixture.  With a few more sips of the green juice.



Lunch/Snack: I took a nap.  A long and wonderful nap that was really hard to wake up from.  I thought I'd be hungry for a meal.  But nope, chewing still seems terrible.  All I could come up with was a green smoothie.  I figured its better than nothing.  Better than more fruit.  Better than forcing myself to gag something down.  Lots of kale, a little mango, pear, cucumber, mint, ginger, ice and a clementine.

 

Dinner: Made the girls parm topped salmon and creamy pesto ravioli.  Made myself lemon salmon, and asparagus (the girls had broccoli) and a few fresh veggies because I realized I didn't have enough on my plate.  I planned on having some sweet potatoes my boss made over the weekend because she said they were W30 compliant but then one of the girls said they had milk...no that was a no-go.  Bummer.


Thoughts:
I'm just not really sure about this whole being sick thing.  I'm not really sick.  Like, I can still work.  Who am I kidding...I go to work even when I shouldn't.  But I'm clearly not 100% either.  I want to give myself time to rest and recover but I don't want to give up on Shaun T.  And I definitely don't want to give up on W30...that would just be stupid.  But nothing sounds good.  I only want things I can drink and I know that's not healthy.  Also, French Toast doesn't sound terrible either.  But that obviously isn't on the plan.

How do I balance getting better and staying on the plan?

Ugh...if I knew how to balance anything I probably wouldn't have needed to be on W30 to begin with!

Alright, as promised...the Paleo Pancake secrets:

1. In a blender, combine 2 eggs and 1.5 bananas, a dash of salt and cinnamon to taste.  Blend until completely liquified and bubbly (this incorporates air into the mixture and whips the eggs so the pancakes will be fluffier)
2. Heat a non-stick pan over low heat and using a paper towel wipe a tiny bit of coconut oil over the pan. This small amount of oil will prevent the pancakes from sticking but if you use too much they'll be soggy and hard to flip.
3. Pour a small amount of batter into pan...I usually do silver-dollar size and fit 3-4 in my pan.
4. BE PATIENT!  Wait a few minutes.  Don't attempt to flip immediately or even shortly after pouring into pan.
5. When bottoms of pancakes are golden brown, go ahead and flip them, but be aggressive...if you go slowly or too gently, they'll pull apart.  I sometimes wipe some coconut oil on the flipper as well to help things along.
6. Allow to cook to a golden brown and remove from heat (if you aren't eating them immediately you can keep them in oven directly on oven rack at 200 while you finish cooking the rest of the batter)
7. Enjoy (I top mine with any kind of fruit and my toasted pecan/coconut mixture)

And...the Top 10 Things I've Learned/ From Whole30

10. I really like vegetables...of all kinds.  Just a few years ago I thought I hated all vegetables.  I was wrong.

9. Cooking isn't as big a pain as I thought.  I actually enjoy it.

8. I can actually survive without chocolate.  I mean, I didn't think it was possible.

7. Carbs=bloating

6. I'm an organic produce and pasture raised meat convert...never saw that coming.

5. Accountability is key.  Thank you to everyone who has challenged, supported and encouraged me.

4. Even though I'm healthy by my doctor's estimation doesn't mean my body is functioning as well as it can be.

3. I eat too much, too quickly.  I'm so amazed at how little can make me full when I slow down.

2. I actually do care a lot about my health and it's not just all about physical appearance.

and the #1 thing I've learned from W30 is...

1.  After years of never seeing any type of eating plan or workout routine through from start to finish, I have regained confidence in my ability to be disciplined (all credit to Jesus...this is clearly not from my own strength)

No comments:

Post a Comment