Friday, May 10, 2013

R2 Day 1

It's funny that getting up this morning and making a delicious Whole30 breakfast just felt, well...normal.  It felt like the first morning after vacation...you had fun but knew it couldn't last forever and you're actually happy to be home.  Yes, I just basically said eating W30 feels like home.  I'm weird.

Just falling right back into routine.  Feels good.

Breakfast: Made sure I had plenty of time for my sweet potato hash and two eggs.  It took me 18 minutes to eat...that's gotta be some kind of slow-eating record for me.  Felt good though.  I enjoyed the meal and was completely satisfied when I was done.  Good start!

Workout: Insanity Max Interval Circuit.  An hour of killer moves.  Its nice that the workouts have changed in the past week, I was getting bored of the other ones and they were just becoming habit-found myself going through the motions with little thought.  Shaun T might just know what he's doing after all!



PWM: Heated up some leftover pesto spaghetti squash with red peppers and some chicken sausage.  Added another sausage to it to make sure I was getting enough protein.  


Lunch: Babysitting the screaming baby today so brought a bunch of stuff to make a salad.  Taco seasoned chicken, mixed greens, broccoli, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and some homemade guac, cilantro and lime.  Added a side of fresh grapefruit.  Yum!



Dinner: I was starving!  I waited too long to eat anything but I am trying really hard to not snack.  I made a 3 egg scramble with broccoli, mushrooms and red peppers, topped with half an avocado.  A side of sweet pot thins and garlic balsamic kale chips.  I tried so hard to eat slowly.  It's just boring when you're sitting all by yourself looking out the window.  I managed to take about 13 minutes to eat. And, by the time I got up to work on dishes, I was feeling full.  Mission accomplished!


Thoughts:
I had a massive headache today.  Not sure if it's from the sugar detox that is going on in my body right now, or maybe because I ate far less than I have been and it was a hunger headache, or if I just had a headache for non food-related reasons.  Other than that, I was just really tired all day.  But I think thats because I haven't been getting much sleep.  Goal is to be in bed by 10 tonight.  Such a crazy Friday night...

I'm feeling good about Round 2 so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment