Thursday, May 2, 2013

Results

Day 2 of "regular" eating.  I don't even know what regular is anymore.  I know that W30 eating isn't "regular" but I also don't want to go right back to how I was eating before...especially since I'm just hopping right back on another W30 in 10 days.

Hmmm...still figuring life out.

I know it works though.

My friend Dan flew into town tonight and is here through next Thursday so I won't be posting regularly during that time (if at all) but I assure you, I will outline my plans for the next Whole30 I'll be starting on the 10th (I think) and why I've made those changes (because I read the book...) and I'll also blog each day during Round 2...I need the accountability!

Ok, to the results!

I was nervous to get weighed and measured.  I knew I was getting stronger, that I had decreased bloating and was feeling great but I wasn't convinced my body measurements would reflect any of that.  I knew I hadn't dropped much weight, if any and my clothes weren't falling off me so I assumed I was the same size.

By the time I had roomie Desi measure me I was ready for zero change.  But...this is what I got instead:

Chest: Up 2" from all those stupid pushups...I assure you there isn't a roll of fat hanging off my collar bone.
Bust: No change
Waist: Down 2.25"
Hips: Down 3"
Right Thigh: Down 1.5"
Left Thight: Down 2"
Right Bicep: Down .25"
Right Bicep Flex: Up 1/8" muscles getting stronger!!!!
Left Bicep: Down .25"
Left Bicep Flex: No change

Weight: Up 5lbs.  

Ugh.  Not what I was looking for.  I know I'm headed in the right direction overall because I've lost inches, I'm not sure why the 5lb weight gain.  Maybe this is TMI but I'm super late on the lady-curse and wondering if that plays a part. Regardless, I'm building healthy habits that will eventually help me attain a more ideal weight and will also help me maintain that weight longterm.

Enough about that...lets focus on the positives...

A total loss of 9.25" and gain of some muscle!!

Sure, it's not massive.  I know there are people out there who have dropped a ton of weight, seen major shifts in their body and I'm super excited for them.  But, that's not me.  I wish it was, but it's not.  It may not be much, but I'm happy with my results.  I know I don't have much to lose so it makes it hard to lose any.  I get that and I know that in time, if I keep at it, I'll see more change.  I also was reminded that I didn't go into this for weight loss...I started the whole thing to repair my relationship with food.  To set it in its place and no longer allow it to be an idol in my life.  Improvement, indeed but I know I need to reinforce the good habits I've picked up and I still have a few dragons to slay and that is why I'll be doing a Round 2.

A friend passed along this article about socially acceptable sin and I think it's dead on.  It is definitely worth the read.

And then I saw this on FB this morning and thought...yep...I just need to keep at this.  My relationship with food will continue to improve and I'll start seeing a little more change physically.  Being disciplined pays off.  Eventually.





1 comment: